Kid's / Tween's / Teen's Healthy Skinlove Habits
Self Care for Kids/Tweens/Teens is a Healthy Habit to Start Young
Kids/tweens/teens Healthy Skinlove habits (starting age, benefits of starting early, how to start these habits, tips, instructional how to wash/moisturize, etc.)
Why Should We Practice Skinlove???
We teach our kids from a young age to:
|Brush Teeth Twice A Day
||Shampoo Your Hair
|Wash Your Body
||Brush Your Hair
So why not teach our kids to take care of their skin from a young age?
The skin is one of the most outwardly appearing organs, for life (damage done at a young age, stays with us as we age).
It is important to protect our skin from the sun and from everyday environmental pollutants.
Keeping skin properly moisturized at all times creates a healthy skin “barrier” that helps to protect our bodies to keep us healthy.
Skinlove is also a form of self-care – especially important for all ages and is important to learn from an early age.
How to care for your face:
1. Lightly wet your face with lukewarm water. Pump one pump of SoChok Facial Cleanser onto your palms or on to the SoChok Natural Sponge. Gently rub your hands or sponge onto your face, using small circular motions.
2. Be Sure to wash up to your hairline and as close to the ears as possible, around the mouth and nose (especially in the creases by the nostrils), and carefully around the eyes (careful not to get any soap in your eyes.)
3. Continue to wash/massage your face with the facial cleanser for 30-60 seconds - this gives a beautiful deep clean for the face!
4. Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
5. Lightly pat dry your face, with a clean dry towel.
6. Pump 1-2 pumps of face moisturizer onto fingertip. Dot moisturizer on: both cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin. Gently use one or two fingertips to gently massage moisturizer into skin. Be sure to apply up to the hairline, as close to the ears as possible, down to the chin and jaw-bone, around mouth and nose, and carefully around the eyes (careful not to get any moisturizer in the eyes.)
Facial washing and moisturizing should happen twice a day - after waking up in the morning and before bed. If you play sports, you may also want to wash and moisturize after heavy sweating.
Healthy Skincare Habits Sticker Chart & Rewards:
Developing healthy routines helps to instill healthy habits. To encourage skinlove habits early on, we’ve created a Skinlove Chart with accompanying Stickers to track your skinlove habit progress! Upon checkout, please check-mark the “chart & stickers” box if you would like a chart and stickers included in your package, or feel free to download the chart via the link below, and just check the “stickers only” box during checkout. Fun rewards and prizes can then be assigned if you successfully complete your skinlove chart – encouraging Healthy Skinlove Habits from the Start!